Many academic librarians, including the faculty reference librarians at Merced College, are professors who work with other professors to teach students research skills in the traditional or online classroom. Librarians also work with students one-on-one online or via text or email.
Use the tabs in this research guide to help you:
- recognize major types of sources - background sources, scholarly books, and scholarly & popular articles
- learn a strategy for evaluating sources
- learn how to use library databases
- explore suggested library databases to find articles or book chapters / books
- cite sources in MLA 9th ed.
- get in contact with faculty librarians who can guide you through all aspects of research, not just using library resources